Tuesday 2 August 2011

12 weeks to go...

With only 12 weeks to go until race day, I've realised that the only way I am now going to have even the slightest chance of completing 13.1 miles, is to follow a strict training plan, and stick to it.

My colleague, Hannah (Membership Assistant) has kindly provided my with a copy of Womens Running Magazine which includes a beginners guide to running the half marathon. The plan is scary, but do-able and so with a little help and encouragement, I actually now hold the belief I can do this.





In preparation I downloaded an iPhone application called Run Keeper in order to help me track my progress, and more honestly, to stop me from exaggerating when people ask me how my training is going. I am given updates from an American lady (whom I have named Britney), telling me how far I have run, how long I have been running for and my average mile time. Britney also plots my route on a map and stores it all online for me, which is particularly kind of her, and although she can be slightly annoying, I am pretty hopeful we'll become fond friends in no time.

So, my official 12-week training plan has begun. Yesterday was Week 1, Day 1 and I am proud to tell you I have completed my first task!

With Britney's help, I am now in a position to give you accurate and honest facts about my training. No porky pies and no exaggerating...promise!


No comments:

Post a Comment